Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thoughts from an 8 Year Old!

First of all, I apologize for the lack of blogging over the summer/fall.  I promise that I am going to work really hard to get back into the blogging in 2012!

I have a great story to tell about Gavin.  We were driving home from school the other day and it was cloudy out but as we were pulling into our driveway the sun decided to try and poke its rays through the clouds.  I hope that I can explain this so that you get a good vision but I apologize if I do not.  So, it's cloudy but the suns rays are poking through the clouds making definately lines of light shining down to the ground, I have never seen the sky do this as well as it did it this day.  It was beautiful.  The kids wondered what was making the lines in the sky.  I explained to them that it was the sun trying to poke through the coulds.  A couple of minutes later Gavin said, "Mom, I think those sun rays are God reaching down to touch us."  Yeah, even now I get tears in my eyes just thinking about what a profound thought that is for anyone, let alone my 8 year old little man.  Love it!

No comments: