Thursday, September 27, 2012

Football

In no way did I ever think I would be a football Mom when my son was only 9...but it has happened.  Jed and Gavin thought it would be a good idea to start tackle football this year?!  So, Gavin started football this year.  The first new experience was the girls and I taking Gavin to the store to purchase all of his football "stuff" that he needed.  I didn't have a clue, but we walked in and a very nice high school football player helped us out and got Gavin fitted for everything he needed.  Football stuff is expensive!  Now we are midway through the two a week practices, scrimmages and games every Saturday morning - and in typical Minnesota football, last Saturday we sat in 38 degree weather with layers and layers on and blakets overtop of us!  Luckily this Saturday it is supposed to be in the 50s I think.  Gavin is loving it and so far no major injuries, just a couple of bruises here and there.  He is the smallest kid on his team but that didn't really suprise us much.  Some of those boys are big!  I just close my eyes when he gets close to them.  He has played a lot of safety but they do move them around from time to time so that they get a feel for all of the spots on the field, although I do not think they have put him on the line yet - thank goodness, that matchup is just too uneven for me!







No comments: