Saturday, September 5, 2009

Kyra

The other night Kyra and I were headed to Rochester to get our hair cut. She saw something out her window that she wanted me to look at. I tried, I really did, but I didn't have a clue what she was talking about and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, here is how the last part of our conversation went, but the first two minutes were pretty much the same thing:

"Right there Mom."
"I'm looking Kyra, I don't see it." (Whatever "it" is).
"No, right over there." She points to the same direction I have looked the last 8 times.
"I know Kyra, I am looking there, but I don't see it.""
"It's right there, see it, it's behind us now?" (You think? We are going 70 miles and our and we have been "looking" at it for 2 miles already.)
"No Kyra, I don't see it, I have to drive, I can't turn around."
"Well turn around and look, I'll watch the road for you." :-)

I seriously fear the day she can start driving. Hopefully by then she has a better grasp of what can and can't be done when driving.

No comments: