Thursday, October 1, 2009

Oh shoot...

First of all, for those of you who have not visited Britton and Lacy's blog lately...visit it right now and then come back to this story. It is:

http://brittonandlacy.blogspot.com/2009/09/september-29-2009.html#comments

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Okay, now that you are all caught up. Gavin has been half teasing (the other half was most definitely serious) that he was going to ask Lacy to marry him since Britton wasn't getting to it. This was on ongoing thing each time they saw each other, Gavin telling Britton if he didn't hurry up, that he was going to beat him to it (it being proposing to Lacy). Everyone thought it was pretty darn cute - considering that Gavin would have done it in a heartbeat if he were old enough for Lacy! So, when Britton called to tell us the news the other night, I got off the phone and Gavin was standing there:

Gavin: "Who was that?"
Me: "It was Uncle Britton."
Gavin: "What did he want?"
Me: "He told me to tell you he beat you to it."
Gavin: "Beat me to what?"
Me: "He took Lacy for a walk last night and he proposed to her, that means he is going to marry her. And Uncle Britton told me to tell you that he beat you to it."

He looks at me for a second, drops his head forward so his chin is on his check and shakes his head back and forth, "Oh shoot, I should have hurried up..." long pause and he looks back up (with a smile on his face), "Ahhh, I knew I should have hurried up."

His facial expressions were great - shaking of the head, grin on his face, rolling his eyes. But he was a little disappointed to see his "chance" go out the window and instead of Lacy being his wife she is going to be his aunt.

To help ease the disappointment, I told him maybe instead of marrying her he could dance with her at the wedding a lot. He proceeded to ask me "what wedding?" :-) We will have to work on it.

Congrats Britton and Lacy!

No comments: