Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Turn on the Light"

Last night we were coming home from the carnival at Gavin's school - which all of the kids had a GREAT time! Carley is starting to get very good at directions and remembering where we have been and what road takes you to where etc. It is not very often that she is in the car when it is dark out, like it was last night. So, we are driving home in the dark still about 10 miles from home:

Carley: Mom, where is our house at?
Mom: I don't know, I can't find it. Can you find it?
Carley: I can't see it, it's dark.
Mom: I can't see it either, yet.
Carley: Turn on the light so we can see it.

I am not sure if she meant the van dome light or the sun light but either way it made her Dad and me laugh. I said it before, I will say it again - I love how children's minds work! :-)

No comments: