Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Saga Continues - Trouble #1 & Trouble #2

Well...there had to be a follow-up to the "hair cutting incident". This might come close...

Kyra and Carley were supposed to be taking a nap one day last week but after going up to their room to tell them no less than 10 times to quit talking, quit getting out of bed and quit coming downstairs...I was fed up...yes, that's right, I let them win. This doesn't happen very often (I can be stubborn with the best of them) but by this time it was already almost 3:00 - time for them to be waking up from their nap - so I figured, good early bed time tonight, plus Reagan had had enough as well and was not waiting any longer for her time with Mommy. So, I let them play upstairs until Gavin woke up from his nap. I thought they were playing in the playroom. When Jed got home from work and went upstairs for something we found out what they really were doing. Jed told the girls, "Your mother is going to hit the roof." He then made them come downstairs and tell me what they had done. Now, since this was not exactly what I thought I would be hearing come out of their mouths, it took me a while to figure out what they were saying. Actually Carley was saying, "Yup, I did it." Kyra was saying, "Mom, I didn't do it, Carley did it." (We also realized during this whole experience what an expert liar we have in our oldest daughter). So I thought I was getting the idea of what they were trying to tell me - they wrecked the wallpaper - but Jed insisted that I go upstairs and look. So, I go upstairs and go into the playroom, where we have wallpaper on the wall and...nothing. Okay, I turn around but I am alone - Jed, Kyra and Carley all went into the girls' bedroom. Now this baffles me since their walls are painted. Okay, so I go into their room. Yup right there above their pillows is about a 6 foot x 3 foot section of their green painted wall that is now brown down to the sheetrock. They had went through the paint to the old wallpaper and pulled it off of the wall that we had painted over when we were expecting Kyra.

These girls continue to amaze me on a daily basis with the trouble they can find. Until next time... Here is Kyra saying, "See what Carley did all by herself." She was so proud to tell on her sister. It did take us about 10 minutes for her to fess up to being a culprit.
Part of the mess...And, the clean up.






2 comments:

KJ said...

Oh my. Oh my, oh my, oh my...
Just so you know, their father was a bit mischievious as a child too. Good luck to you Shannon!!

Laurel said...

Hmmmm - sounds like you have a Keetyn and Brittin on your hands! Actually, I wasn't really imagining what they had done when Jed told me... until I saw the pics.
Hold your breath, count to 10, then go find the BIGGEST bottle of diet coke that you can... (wait, that's MY first reaction)