Monday, January 24, 2011

Follow Up...

So, we have a follow up to the "Fold or not to Fold" blog.  My aunt Beth sent me this e-mail and I got such a kick out of it and Jed and I both said at the same time, there you go, another blog or two worth of information.  So, want to share the e-mail from her and then I have some more questions for everyone!

Beth Wrote:
Hi Shannon, I just read your blog, and thought I would let you know that I fold all our underwear too.  Although Laura and Erin said they wondered why I do this.  (And when I look in Randy's dresser drawer I wonder why I bother either.  Why he has to root all through the drawers when everything is folded I don't know).  Now we wondered, do you make your beds?  Laura and Erin seem to think making a bed is stupid because you are going to sleep in it later.  Which I reply, "Why do I wash dishes.  We are going to eat again later." 

So, first of all let my start by saying, the morning are far and few between when I make the beds and it is the same thought process that my cousins, Laura and Erin have, "you are just going to mess it up again when you crawl in that night."  But after reading Beth's e-mail I can honestly say that the whole dish washing thing has me stumped on a good reason not to make the bed.  So, we will see, maybe that will change in the near future.  My Mom and Dad always made their bed every morning, so you would think that it would just be ingrained in me to do the same thing?!  Not so much though.  I wonder if any of my brothers make their beds every morning???  I am the black sheep of the family?  And what about all of you - do you make or don't you make?  And I am not even going to ask if you wash your dishes or if you feel there is no need since you are going to eat on them again later!  :-)

Thanks for the thoughts and ideas Beth!

2 comments:

Bryon and Jacque Wolf said...

I can definitely tell you that your brother, Bryon, does not make the bed every morning!

Melissa Pope said...

For starters, this has left us many discussions.....
For starters, yes, I do admit to folding all of our underwear (why I have no idea because I am lucky if ANYTHING makes it from the basket to the dresser drawer still folded!) and my kids and husband must be related to Randy, Laura, Erin and Shannon because they all feel the same way---why bother folding it ---or making the bed, if you are going to wear it--or sleep in it).....thus being said, Yes, I admit to also making our beds in the morning, although I am "teaching" Seth and Drew to make their beds. Now, I cannot tell you if my brothers make their beds, but Mom does make their bed-and folds underwear as well....
And for the record, I also do the dishes ;-)...yes I do them, not a dishwasher either (which Seth doesn't understand why Mommy does the dishes and not "the cupboard"--like on TV! haha!)

Good discussions though :-)